This article helps you in clearing the doubts you might be having, and will help you in deciding weather you need to sign up for Citrix Service Provider (CSP) program or not.
Citrix has announced recently to its CSA partners, who need to join as a Citrix Service Provider (CSP) program.
To make it short and simple; if you are a service provider who is currently using perpetual licenses from Citrix to deliver Citrix based hosted services for external users, then you need to join Citrix CSP.
The below is a set of Q&A that will help you in understanding better the change that took place, and the effect on your business:
What was that Announcement about?
Citrix Volume Licensing programs (Easy, ELA, Education and GELA) changed to exclude hosted, application & infrastructure service providers from being eligible to purchase software to deliver it for third parties.
Am I impacted with this Announcement?
- If you are a Citrix Solution Advisor (CSA) delivering on-premise, non-hosted solutions to customers; No, you are not impacted
- If you are a Citrix Solution Advisor (CSA) delivering Citrix solutions for and paid by customers; Yes, you are impacted
- If you are Citrix System Integrator with an active hosting and/or outsourcing agreement; No, you are not impacted
- If you are an ISV who is delivering applications as a hosted application using Citrix; Yes, you are impacted
- If you are a traditional (enterprise) Citrix customer that purchases perpetual licenses; No, you are not impacted
Can I be both a CSA and CSP?
Yes, you can be.
You can continue to offer & provide perpetual licenses for traditional on-premise customer deployments. But you need to move the hosted and/or as-a-Service side of your business to Citrix CSP.
How about my existing agreements under CSA?
If you register as a Citrix Service Provider, will be able to use the existing agreements through December 31, 2017, having the fact that the licenses delivered to your clients remain active under Software Maintenance.
What is the CSP program, and are its terms tied to it?
Joining the Citrix Service Provider Program will provide you access to a portfolio of monthly subscription-model based technologies including Desktops-as-a-Service (DaaS), application hosting, mobility solutions and file share and synch.
To know more about Citrix CSP, please refer to https://www.citrix.com/partner-programs/service-provider.html
What are the requirements to be Citrix Service Provider?
- You have to have an active Microsoft Service Provider Licensing Agreement (SPLA)
- Maintain at least two Citrix CCA certifications for each product deployed
- Submit your monthly usage reports on time to your Citrix Service Provider distributor
- Deploy Citrix Usage Collector on all license servers that use Citrix Service Provider licensing
- Allow Citrix the right to audit your facility to ensure reporting compliance
Which Citrix products are included in the CSP program?
The CSP program includes monthly usage-based pricing and licensing offerings for XenApp for Service Providers, XenDesktop for Service Providers, Workspace Suite for Service Providers, XenServer for Service Providers as well as NetScaler VPX, Access Gateway VPX, Branch Repeater VPX, CloudBridge VPX, CloudGateway and CloudPortal Services Manager.
How much does it cost to get started as a Citrix Service Provider?
None! There is no upfront cost to join the Citrix Service Provider program.
Additionally, Citrix Service Providers who report $300 USD per month over a three-month period will receive a free Citrix technical support.
How do I get started?
Contact your local Crayon office, and our team will guide you through the registration process and activating your Citrix CSP agreement.