Details include important dates and concern 'Easy', 'ELA', 'Education' and 'GELA' programs
Citrix has announced changes to its volume discount programs (Easy, ELA, Education and GELA), mainly designed to make the Citrix Service Provider Program the only licensing program for Service Providers who are delivering applications and services to 3rd parties.
Changes exclude (hosted service, application service & infrastructure service) providers from being eligible to purchase software or software maintenance in support of their service offerings for third parties.
The following are details and important dates:
- Customers – The exclusion covers only hosted service, application service and infrastructure service providers. For the purposes of the exclusion:
- Hosted service providers are customers that deliver a combination of traditional IT functions, such as infrastructure, applications, security, monitoring, storage, web development, website hosting and email to third-party customers over the Internet or other wide area networks.
- Application service providers are customers that deliver application services in such a manner.
- Infrastructure service providers are customers that deliver infrastructure services in the same manner.
- Citrix Solution Advisors and Citrix Service Providers – Partners that historically may have purchased licenses under these volume discount programs to deliver third-party “paid for services” will need to register as a Citrix Service Provider no later than December 31, 2015. Registration is necessary to remain compliant with our partner programs and leverage Citrix Service Provider consumption licensing models going forward from January 1, 2016. Each partner that registers as a Citrix Service Provider will be able to use their existing investment through December 31, 2017, as long as the assets remain active under Software Maintenance.
- Citrix System Integrators and Independent Software Vendors – Partners with an active hosting or outsourcing agreement are not impacted by this announcement.
What you should do?
To remain compliant and ensure you can continue to serve existing and new customers with minimum disruption, you must register as a Citrix Service Provider.
Contact your Account Manager from Crayon to help you subscribing to Citrix Service Provider Program.