Option 2: Cloud Solution Provider (CSP)
The Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider program enables Crayon, as a Microsoft Cloud Solution Provider, to directly manage the Azure solution for you. This means you can more easily purchase tools, products, and services with your subscription in one predictable monthly bill. Beyond the inherent benefits of the cloud, you will have more frequent interactions with the Provider (Crayon) giving you more tailored guidance and support than can be provided directly by Microsoft.
- You can purchase all major commercial suites and standalone products for Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Intune, Enterprise Mobility Suite (EMS), Microsoft Azure, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
- Monthly Billing allows you to have predictable OPEX spending.
- You will have an established relationship with a knowledgeable Key Account Manager who can guide you through Azure and provide additional resources.
- Flexible billing and configuration on the Crayon customized portal.
- One point of contact for all your software needs on top of Azure education, support and consulting.
- Crayon will be able to assist with the entire migration process.
- It’s impossible to just convert a traditional Azure subscription or Azure EA subscription to CSP. You need to move resources from source subscription (Traditional or EA) to destination subscription (CSP). This is a manual process. Read more here.
- The Cloud Solution Provider is always an Owner of the Azure CSP subscription. Provider administrators can assign Owner rights to your IT admins, but you are not able to revoke Owner rights from the Provider.
- Currently there are only BYOL third party solutions in Azure Marketplace. If you wish to buy a third party solution license with Azure services purchased through CSP, then the Provider can sell this license separately or include it in the service cost (e.g. Provider can add a license subscription to BYOL Barracuda Firewall or Citrix NetScaler, which will be separate from Azure CSP bill).