Option 3: Azure in Enterprise Agreement (EA) and Server and Cloud Enrollment (SCE)
With Server and Cloud Enrollment, the organization makes an upfront monetary commitment for each of the three years of the Enterprise Agreement. Azure Services are classified as an additional product which means that if an organization chooses to buy Azure in this way, then they need to commit to one monetary commitment SKU ($12,000) per month.
Any of the Azure consumption-based services may be used, and the amount spent is taken off the Monetary Commitment throughout the year.
- Any time you commit to $20,000 annual spend, you become a managed account with an assigned Microsoft representative.
- There is no need to use a personal credit card. Billing is done through terms.
- User-friendly billing configuration and administration.
- Subscription is much more flexible – you are allowed to go over your commitment and there will be no service interruptions.
- One EA commitment can be used for multiple subscriptions which allows you to create different environment from the same funding.
- Easy direct migration from Pay-As-You-Go portal to EA portal.
- Must pay annual commitment upfront (CAPEX spending instead of OPEX).
- Can only adjust the annual commitment during anniversary.
- Funds that haven’t been used throughout the year will be lost at the end of the term.